Nutritious, nourishing, comforting and delicious—this green soup ticks all the boxes. It’s super easy to make and is the perfect way to get your veggies in during these colder winter months.
This soup contains the following hormone-loving ingredients:
Broccoli: As a cruciferous vegetable, broccoli is rich in a compound called Diindolylmethane (DIM), which supports the liver in metabolising and detoxifying oestrogen, and can help to block the harmful effects of excess androgens.
Spinach: Spinach packs a real punch on the nutrient front. This leafy green is rich in vitamins A, C, K, magnesium and iron.
Potatoes: Potatoes don’t deserve half the bad rap they get. They’re actually a great, non-refined, slow burning carb option, and contain good amounts of vitamin C, B6, Magnesium, fibre and antioxidants. Cooked and cooled potatoes also contain high amounts of gut loving resistant starch.
Parsley: Parsley is a detoxifying herb that also acts as a natural diuretic and is packed full of powerful antioxidants.
Coconut Yogurt: A great source of both healthy fats & probiotics, coconut yogurt is one of our favorite additions to any meal to promote healthy hormone production and good digestion.
- 1TBS olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock (or bone broth)
- 1 large (or two small) heads of broccoli, stalks included
- 4 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1 can chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Chilli flakes
- Chopped parsley
- Coconut yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté leek and garlic until soft.
- Add potato and stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add broccoli and simmer for another 5 minutes before adding the spinach leaves.
- Once the spinach has wilted, remove from heat and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Add a little water to thin if necessary and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and fry over a medium heat with a little olive oil and chilli flakes until golden.
- Top soup with chickpeas, parsley, a squeeze of lemon and drizzle of coconut yogurt - serve & enjoy!
Remember to share your delicious creations with us at @evewellnessco_